Haymaking at Last!

The weather has been absolutely dreadful this summer. After a cold spring and a boiling hot June, when the hay was not ready, we had a rainy July and August. Waiting for a window of five days of dry weather was frustrating.

In the end we got a short window of dry weather. We elected to cut in the rain, partly because the ground was extremely wet, and we knew it would take a couple of days to dry off anyway. We cut onto the ground, allowed it to dry, moved the rows over and let the ground underneath dry, and then we were away. We got warm dry winds at last to dry the hay, and managed to get 187 bales made and delivered before the rain came again.

Here is a little video of our efforts.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s