Haymaking at Last!

The weather has been absolutely dreadful this summer. After a cold spring and a boiling hot June, when the hay was not ready, we had a rainy July and August. Waiting for a window of five days of dry weather was frustrating.

In the end we got a short window of dry weather. We elected to cut in the rain, partly because the ground was extremely wet, and we knew it would take a couple of days to dry off anyway. We cut onto the ground, allowed it to dry, moved the rows over and let the ground underneath dry, and then we were away. We got warm dry winds at last to dry the hay, and managed to get 187 bales made and delivered before the rain came again.

Here is a little video of our efforts.